Friday, October 10, 2008

On a happier note.....

My older boys had their third lesson yesterday. It is so cute to see them sit up straight and play a little song for me. They now know the first half of "Mary had a little lamb" and "Carrot on the cabbage." (Jared told me that name so I don't know how accurate it is!) Annie is doing such a great job teaching them. She is part of an amazing family. I added their site as a link.


Jesse is really into money. The kid finds change everywhere we go! Just the other day at Wal-mart he found 32 cents. Every now and then I will find a penny, but Jesse finds change on the ground all the time. He is always on the hunt. Many clerks have asked me if my son has lost something because he is looking around so intently. Anyway, all that to say that when I told my son that someday he might make money using his musical talents he got really excited. I think he thinks that after a few more lessons he will be ready to play at weddings. :) Anyone recently engaged? :)


A funny story- One family shopping trip to Wal-mart, I looked back to find Jesse, Jared, and BJ all down looking under the aisle for .... change! I cried "no, not my husband too!" It is bad enough to have to constantly remind my boys to get off the floor. :)



4 comments:

great adventure said...

Hey friend
Thanks for the comment! I need to spend more time on here- learning how to put a pic and words together! I will call you soon so you can help me! It is really fun reading everything write! I miss you! You are a great friend I have learned alot from you. And even though we are miles aways now you are still inspiring and blessing me! Thank you- Have a BLESSED DAY!!

The Grimes Family Adventures said...

I Ginny wrote your last comment but some how signed in under the wrong account:) Sound like me!! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

fiddles!?!

they need some stratocasters with big huge amps!

rock on!!

Christi said...

I am cracking up picturing all your boys searching for change.