Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fort Nisqually

On Saturday we decided to go on a family field trip to Fort Nisqually in Tacoma. We had such a good time and the weather was great. Fort Nisqually, a fur trading outpost, was built by the Hudson Bay Company in 1833. The boys loved seeing the blacksmith make a few hooks and were fascinated by the unused privies! They also had a blast climbing up the lookout tower. BJ and I love this kind of stuff so we had as much fun as the kids! :)





Doesn't Jesse look like a natural? Maybe he should do more than just sort the laundry for me!




This is our "Little House on the Prairie" shot.

I can't imagine life without indoor plumbing! People were so tough back in the day. I know we have it easy.

The boys enjoyed a game of checkers while Daddy got into a long conversation with the shopkeeper!

3 comments:

Steve said...

How fun! Can't wait until our boys are a little older.

Christi said...

You look so beautiful sitting there with your boys, Elaine! I love it when moms throw in pictures of themselves.

Anonymous said...

I love your long hair Elaine! You and your boys look so great together. What a blessing.