Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Aloha!

Throughout today's mix of normal routine tasks and the unexpected, my thoughts keep drifting to my brother-in-law and his wife. They are flying to Hawaii right now...... BJ woke up Monday morning with strep throat and today he is finally starting to feel a little better. This was a hard week for him to be sick because of a major jr. high all-nighter on Friday and Catalyst tonight. He will have a ton of catching up to do in the next couple of days. So, our week has been a little out of sorts without his help. Then this morning Jared fell out of his seat while doing school and bonked his chin. I didn't really look at it because he never complains about pain too much. After I noticed the bleeding would not stop, I sent him to show BJ who thought he needed a stitch. I had to cut J.R.'s physical therapy a little short and we were off to the pediatrician's office. The boys and I waited for quite a while in the office, then they put numbing stuff on his chin and told us we had a half an hour to grab some lunch and return for the stitches. (It was a lot of in and out of the van with four boys!) During our wait for the stitches, BJ called and said the Wohlds just had their baby! (I love new babies!) I am so happy for them and sure hope I can squeeze in a visit while they are still in the hospital. Anyway, Jared was brave during his stitches, the boys were great at the doctor's, and now we are home. Oh to be in Hawaii, laying on the beach next to a healthy BJ with the sun beating down and my four calm boys sweetly building sand castles next to me! I hope Joey and Alison have a wonderful time - and I really hope they bring me home some chocolate covered macadamia nuts!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the humor you share while telling us of your day- thanks for the example of a strong and loving mommy who takes things in stride!

Unknown said...

Your blogging skills are excellent Elaine. Your posts are always interesting and entertaining to read. Really, I'm impressed...didn't picture as skillfull? Boy was I wrong!