Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup

I know this is cheesy, but today I made chicken noodle soup. I love to cook and bake, but I had never made my own chicken stock before - and I decided it was time to try it. While I rinsed the chickens all I could think about was the pioneer women starting with live chickens. Being able to flap the wings around on an already clean chicken is disconcerting enough. I was proud of myself just for doing this. BJ said maybe when we get our chickens we can use a live one too. Ha! Anyway, the soup tasted great, thanks to my mother-in-law's advice and recipe. And it will be a real time saver having cooked chicken in the freezer.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

You'll have to share your recipe! It looks so good!

Amy said...

Wow- that looks great! What a great photo, too. It looks like it came out of cook book. and yea, please share the recipe!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome Elaine!

Unknown said...

I probably wouldn't eat it...even if I had fasted for a week, but it looks delish'

should be in a magazine or something.