Friday, June 5, 2009

Skillet Spaghetti


This is a great recipe I got from an old Taste of Home magazine. My recipe shows that I tried it for the first time in July of 2002. We loved it so much, I even wrote "family meal" at the top thinking ahead to the days of feeding more children! Because you cook the spaghetti in the sauce, it cuts down on the number of dirty dishes and steps. The boys all look forward to this meal...and now even J.R. enjoys it!

Skillet Spaghetti

1 lb. ground beef
3 c. water
2 (11 1/2 oz.) cans tomato juice (2 3/4 c.)
1 (6oz.) can tomato paste
2 T. dried minced onion
1 to 2 T. chili powder
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 pkg. (7 oz.) spaghetti (I use the whole wheat kind)

In a skillet, cook gr. beef; drain. Add remaining ingredients, except the spaghetti, and bring to a boil. Add uncooked spaghetti. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the spaghetti is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with parm cheese.


ENJOY!



2 comments:

Lindsay said...

My kids would love this. Spaghetti is one of their favorites. And I like the fact that it's all done in one pan!

Carlson Family said...

YUM! I will have to try that tomorrow night for dinner!I am always in need of some good recipes! Thank you!!!