Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mommy's Vacation

At least I feel like I am on vacation! This week Jared and Jesse are at their grandparents' house. They were so excited to be with Grandma and Papa and to attend their vacation sports camp. (I was excited for them because I have such fond childhood memories of spending a few weeks in the summer with my grandparents.) With those two gone, I only have the two younger ones in my care....and it seems so easy. BJ and I were talking about how ironic it is that when we only had two children, we thought it was so hard and overwhelming! It is funny to see how perspective changes and how much we have grown as parents to be able to handle all four. :)

Yesterday and today I helped with registration for CCCoG's VBS. Justin is in a class for the first time and J.R. is in the nursery. This means that after we check all the kiddos in, I have about two hours to myself!!! I hardly know what to do with my time! Today I stopped at safeway for a few groceries... and a treat for me....and then came home to finish the quilt top I have been working on for a long time. I think I started this project over three years ago! It felt like such an accomplishment to get the top done.

I thought I better take a picture because it could be another three years before I finish quilting it. :)

I do miss my older boys. I am also realizing what a big help they are to me as I unload the dishwasher and sort the laundry!

4 comments:

Carlson Family said...

Aww...Enjoy that time! :) And Enjoy that STARBUCKS!!!!

Amy said...

I totally remember that quilt!! It looks great. And I have to chuckle at your "mini vacation," I am glad you are enjoying it~!

Lindsay said...

I'll bet it feels good to be able to work on something that you normally don't ever have the time for. The quilt is really pretty!

The Weems Family said...

What a beautiful quilt. It's great to have a time of reflection. I'm suprised you did not take a snooze! Shels