Tuesday, June 2, 2009

God is Good

Today was kind of a rough day for me. There is so much on my heart right now. This morning a dear friend from our church lost her battle with cancer. She leaves behind a husband and three children (jr. higher, sr. higher, college age). BJ and I are grieving for this family, but are assured that she is in heaven. Her faith was something else...and we watched it grow in that family throughout the past year as she fought for her life. Please keep this family in your prayers.


I also don't know what to think of our future. It has been a little difficult adjusting to BJ's new routine now that he is working a construction job, taking a class, and starting his seal coating business. I kind of miss the days of unemployment.


I wish my mom didn't have cancer. I don't want her to have to go through this. Cancer is just so scary. Please pray for my mom.

While I was doing laundry, Jesse wrote this on the chalkboard. It really encouraged me. I don't understand a lot of things, but at least God knows and is in control...and He is good.


"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust." Psalms 91:1-2


5 comments:

Carlson Family said...

Elaine, I am so sorry to hear of your friends passing. I will def. keep you and her family in my prayers. I will also be praying for your mom & for the dr's so they choose the right course of action to treat your mother. *HUGS*

Jessica said...

We're praying for you all! I love that God can use the smallest things to encourage us when the big things have overwhelmed us. We love you!

Lindsay said...

I'm so sorry things are rough for you right now. I will be praying for you and your mom.

What Jesse wrote is so sweet. Almost brought tears to my eyes!

Fletcher Family said...

Elaine,
I love that God used your sweet little boy to remind you of his goodness. I will keep you in my prayers friend.
You are loved,
Tara

Anonymous said...

Elaine...what special blessings our children are to us. Sometimes they can be a balm for our souls. I will be praying for your mom and I am sorry for the loss of your friend.