Thursday, January 29, 2009

Outnumbered

I am totally outnumbered! Growing up with one sister there are times when I stand back to observe my boys and think "boys are just weird!" I don't remember playing air guitar like Jesse does, or making the punch line of every joke "poop," or wanting to wrestle every time a daddy or brother is lying on the floor, or eating as much food as my dad- like Jared does now at every meal, or begging to light a match to start to the wood stove, or trying to pick up my mom while she is cooking just to see if I can yet, or laughing at Popeye or The Three Stooges, or checking out muscles in the mirror (okay Amy, I know I did that). Anyway, I love my boys. I am excited for the day when my boys are tall, handsome young men that can really carry their mama, but I am also enjoying these fun, adorable, full of life and energy, mischievous boys right now ...(at least most of the time!) :)

6 comments:

Christi said...

I love this, Elaine...it's so true! That first picture is so perfect.

Lindsay said...

I love the pictures, too! They are great! Boys are so fun and funny, you said it so well. They are blessed to have you as their mama and have each other as brothers!

Erika said...

Your family is too precious! I love seeing them on here since I never see you guys! :( It's great to hear those boys are keeping you on your toes!

Michelle said...

Hi Elaine -
Thanks for your comment on my blog....I'm glad you liked the pretzel mix! I miss Christi so much and I've been reading Lindsay's blog for a while, too...so glad she's got some cool friends up there! :-)
I grew up in Boulder, CO...where did your extended family live? Looks like you have a very busy and full and wonderful life with all your boys.

Amy said...

Hey Elaine!
I love that first photo. You definitely have your hands full. I was inspired by reading these blogs (you, Darbi, Erika, etc) so started my own! Check it out - I have some "news" on there. :)
Take care,
Amy

Anonymous said...

So CUTE! Love your blog and seeing your pictures. I totally agree with all of the things that boys like to do and I can't seem to figure out why????
-Maria