Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Year

A new year is here! BJ and I are very much a goal oriented couple... and I am looking forward to setting new goals for myself as well as my family. At times, when life seems overwhelming and I wonder if and how we can raise and homeschool four boys to be responsible, hard working, full of character, men of God, etc. ... I am reminded of a new goal we implemented in a previous year. Sometimes it was a small one or a no-brainer we should have been doing anyway, but remembering this encourages me. Life is a process. God is growing and teaching us. When I look at the families that are an encouragement to me, I often forget that it took years for them to get where they are too. This week we bought a new recliner for our home. It was such a big deal for Beege and I. In our 9 1/2 years of marriage we have been blessed with furniture (couches, chairs, and tables) from family. Some were cuter than others. :) (The orange and brown flowered chair was not my favorite.) I think young newlyweds often forget that it took their parents years to obtain the look they have today, and try to get it now. So this chair is a reminder to me that my living room is even closer to the primitive, country look I love.....and my family is a little closer to the family God wants us to be. To God be the glory.


" This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is Your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him. The Lord is good unto them who wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him." Lamentations 3: 21-25


"Call unto Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you know not." Jeremiah 33:3


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the chair! I love wingbacks. Very true statement as well. God provides, but not necessarily all at once with a beautiful lving room! ha haha. Got your email, but I thought it was worthy of a good old fashioned letter in the mail response so be on the lookout in the next couple of weeks. Happy new year!

Lindsay said...

I really like this post Elaine. Everything in life is a step by step process. It was a good reminder for me to be patient with myself, my kids, and even our home decor :)

The chair looks really nice, too!

Unknown said...

I can still see my butt prints in the chair... it's nice...hope I didn't stain it too bad.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post Elaine! You and Bj. Are such an encouragement to Jamie and I! I have to remind myself that decorating and gardening, etc. will be a slooww process, and that I won't have a house like my parent's for a long time. :)

I hope you and your boys are having a wonderful new year!!