Monday, September 8, 2008

Our Garage

Three years ago BJ (with the help of many wonderful friends and family) put in all new windows and siding on our home. That was crazy. I was about to give birth to Justin and I was nesting like crazy and I just wanted the project finished! Our good friend Steve helped spray our house one week before my c-section. BJ had planned to re-side our garage eventually but the wind storm a week before Christmas 2006 held us up a bit. During the storm, the boys and I were on our hide-a-bed watching "It's a Wonderful Life" when BJ came home from the office and said I had to look outside. Our giant Locust tree had fallen over crushing our old trailer, garage, and damaging our suburban! I remembered hearing a little boom but had not bothered to check it out.





That summer BJ figured he could make the necessary repairs to the garage but once he started he realized it was over his head. :) So we called in a crew to fix the structural damage. Then with the flood our county experienced this past December progress was held up a little more. (Thankfully we did not flood.) Anyway, here we are! BJ just finished the siding this summer and the paint today! Yeah!!! I am so proud of him. He did a great job and is such a hard worker.


0 comments: