Sunday, September 14, 2008

Goodbyes, My boys, and a Gourd....

Today we said goodbye to our dear friends the Grimes. They are leaving for California in the morning, and I am sad. I still remember meeting them when we first candidated at this church, Ginny was pregnant with her first and I with Jesse. BJ hit it off with them right away, but I was more guarded. Actually, I thought Ginny was a little too out there for me! :) As the years have gone by, she has become one of my closest friends in Centralia. We pray that the Lord will protect and guide them on this new adventure.

Thought you might enjoy these random pics of my boys! Justin has trouble with being gentle at times.









Yesterday I noticed my sweet little Justin by the front door, but didn't think much of it until I saw the gourd. We had a pumpkin disconnect from the vine a while ago, so Jared placed it by the front door. Apparently Justin found a buttnernut squash in our garden- and thought it deserved its rightful place. Can't decide if I should leave it or eat it!



1 comments:

lori said...

Hi Elaine! This is Lori Lautaret Stoffer, from Warner days. I found you through the Kurtz' blog. It is great fun to see what you're up to. My goodness. Since the last time I saw you was at school during you and BJ's dating years, it's a really big shift seeing pics of your FOUR kids. I will be anxiously following your homeschooling tales, because that's the route we hope to go too someday. We've got a little more time to think though - our first is just now on the way.

Take good care,
Lori