Monday, September 8, 2008

1st Day of School

We had a busy, eventful day! Jared started 2nd grade today. He did a great job and really hung in there - even with the sun shining. I felt a little overwhelmed trying to balance everything. He definitely has a bigger load this year. Jesse is in kindergarten and using the Beginning Steps to Reading curriculum. He finished his worksheets so fast I couldn't believe it! I know I will have to stay on task this year with two boys to teach. Our heart with homeschooling was to really incorporate the Lord into all aspects of life. The curriculum we are using does a good job of this, but it is so easy for me to get wrapped up in finishing every worksheet that I sometimes forget our goal and what is truly important.



Today the boys' fiddles arrived too! Jared and Jesse were really excited. They are starting lessons next week so I will have to post pics. I hope we don't regret this. I know beginning musicians can sound pretty good during practice times!!! ha!













This evening a family at our church gave us their old swing set. It is huge and kind of retro. (It came from an old school playground.) The boys are already really enjoying it!













0 comments: