Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lincoln City

Toward the end of September, we took a day trip to Lincoln City. The boys had been wanting to go to the beach and we knew the weather would be changing soon.  We had a wonderful time.
I think little boys are crazy.  It was cold, and yet, they want to get in the water.  I remember going swimming in the ocean as a child, but I lived in California. :)
We almost all ended up wet at one point.  The boys were enjoying running from the waves, I was trying to take pictures, and BJ was next to the boys holding Joshua and Josiah. Out of nowhere came a big wave that left us all scrambling to get away.  Poor Johnny was knocked over and rescued by Jesse. 
There is kind of a lot of pictures, but we had so much fun playing in the sand.









Joshua and daddy
Dinner turned out to be a really special time.  We brought a lunch and planned on fast food for dinner, but when dinner came around we decided to eat at Mo's instead.  I know that is not a super expensive place, but it is definitely more than we would normally spend.  Right before we walked in I was having second thoughts about if we were being good stewards of our money and I fleetingly sent up a prayer in my head, "Well Lord, you could send someone to pay for our dinner."  After being seated and ordering our waitress informed us that a couple had anonymously paid our bill because they were blessed by our family. What an encouragement to all of us! The Lord is good.



Before our drive home, we ended the day with family worship on the beach.  It was short but sweet. :)

1 comments:

Jessica said...

You're so good about keeping your blog updated...what fun to see what your sweet family has been up to. I can't wait have you all in our home soon! Miss you!