Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Messes...

I came across this verse a while ago and loved it. I just found it again this morning and thought I would share it with all the mothers of little children out there.


" Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox."

Proverbs 14:1


My commentary explained that "'you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs.' As long as there is activity, there's going to be some untidiness, but there will also be increase."


I find this verse encouraging as I have a lot "untidiness" in my life right now with four boys. I like things so clean and orderly that sometimes that can take priority over what is really important. I should thank God for the messes that come with raising a little army for Him. :)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Elaine. While I'm sure I haven't encountered the messes you have since I only have two boys...one of which only makes a mess of his diaper. I'll remind myself of what you've said when they're making a mess of my neat and ordered life.

Fletcher Family said...

Thank you for that! This is a struggle for me as well...I will keep Proverbs 14:1 close to my heart.

Christi said...

I'm so glad that we have kept in touch, especially for days like these when it feels so nice that somebody else gets it. I have never heard that verse before...I think it needs to be printed out for me!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I need to say an Amen to that one. I have been feeling convicted to put my crazy-almost-militant-cleaning agenda down. With two girls the messes are different, but many. You could almost be on them to clean up their stuff all day and it woul not be over. Dress up clothes, shoes, fake jewelry, baby dolls, bottles, baby clothes...it goes on an on. But I am so darn thankful that I have them. I need to remember that I at least have two little blessings to clean up after than none at all. Thank you for sharing! I am always loving a fresh perspective.