Saturday, February 28, 2009

Be ye kind...

As a mother, I want so badly for my boys to love each other...and be best friends. Many days this dream seems far from reality. We are a family that is together almost all the time. We school together, eat together, shop together, and play together....and sometimes fight together. :) Jared has to learn to complete his school while his three year old brother is singing loudly, and Jesse has to show forgiveness when J.R. dumps his pencil box out 10 times a day. It takes a lot of grace to learn how to get along! With a lot of prayer, we trust that we'll get there- eventually. Seeing acts of kindness between the boys warms my heart...and gives me a glimmer of hope.

Yesterday was one of those times. Jared and Jesse play Mancala and checkers all the time, but this time decided to play Hi-Ho CherryO just so Justin could play. After the first game, I even overheard Jesse encouragingly tell Justin, "you did pretty good for a three year old." :) I could tell Justin was thrilled to play a game with his big brothers. And I was proud of my older boys for playing a "baby" game to show love to their brother. :)


"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ahhh, that's the best! Warms a mother's heart :)

Christi said...

What awesome boys! Thank goodness for blogs that help us catch and record those great moments.

Anonymous said...

I am understanding you completely! I keep reinforcing to my girls that they need to treat the other one the way they want to be treated...but clearly they bicker as all siblings do. I love these moments of kindness that we get to capture.

Jessica said...

Oh Elaine...how encouraging! I just love Hi Ho Cherry Oh!

Mars said...

That is so sweet - I love it!
Little boys are just the best. :)

lori said...

[sniffle, sniffle]

What a great blog post.