Monday, February 16, 2009

Family Outing

Today our family went to Northwest Trek. BJ and I have always wanted to take the boys there and this weekend kids were free, so we thought we should take advantage of the savings.
Part of the experience is a 30 minute tram ride to see the animals. The boys, including the big one, were pretty impressed! Too bad they don't allow hunting in the preserve. My boys of course asked if they could shoot them! :)



These first few pictures were taken on the tram tour. After the tram ride, there is a walking trail to see more animals. It is a neat place and we really enjoyed it. Our only complaint...it was so cold today! I was so thankful to crank the heat in our car when we were done!
Here we are in the WARM craft room.
I had to take a picture of this de-scented skunk.... My husband is known for sleep walking, talking, and sometimes punching (not me, just a guy on a mission trip with him.) One night during his college days, BJ said in his sleep "Skunks make good pets - if you take the stinkers out." Nathan, his cousin and roommate at the time got a kick out of that!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually think he said that to his mom, but he said a ton of weird stuff when we lived together. lol.

Carlson Family said...

Where is that at? We are always looking for new fun places to take the kids! It looks like it would be fun!