Tuesday, February 24, 2009

BJ's sweet ride!

We finally sold the Caprice. I know my homeboy will be sad, but he'll get over it! BJ, being the practical man that he is, thought we needed this car during the gas spike a while back. I was pregnant with J.R. and our Suburban is a gas hog. He thought we should have a more economical car for all SIX of us to ride in (it had 2 bench seats), especially on our frequent trips to Portland and Tacoma. It was uncomfortable before J.R. was around, then even more so with his carseat between Beege and I. We have a few very funny memories in that rig...one that is just too embarrasing to share. BJ also received more thumbs up in that car from fellow homeboys while driving in Portland. Once on our way to Portland a man gave us his name and number wanting us to sell him our car! He pulled up next to us in the Burger King parking lot and said,"Excuse me sir, I want that car." I thought "you've got to be kidding!"

Then there was the time BJ went to one of our local coffee drive-thrus (owned by friends) and Jamie Kline who was working at the time told BJ "that car works for you, you can pull it off." BJ said "thank you...I think!"

We bought the car right before Grace Anne (Isaac and Amy's 2nd baby) was born. We drove the car down to Portland to see her and while there Isaac took a picture of us in the car and "doctored" it up a bit. (No we never had 22 inch wheels on it!)

After realizing this car sitch wasn't working, we bought a minivan last spring. BJ drove the car for a little while longer, then loaned it out a couple of times to friends in need of transportation. We finally had the time to get this thing sold. I am sure there will be many more car adventures being married to BJ. :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Well, I guess it's the end of another era... time to say goodbye to the hoopty. (did I spell that right? I am not hip with the lingo.)

Carlson Family said...

Hahaha! That made me laugh! Reminds me of Erik and all the so called "cool" cars that he has that he can't seem to part with. He has one at his parents house on blocks right now that he used to drive I think in college but he wants to fix it all up and drive it around again. UGH! Men and their cars! lol :)

Mars said...

That's funny!
Didn't he have a "monte carlo" or something he was working on in college? I remember racing Ryan Weems in that monte carlo down a 2-lane street (Ryan was going the WRONG WAY in the other lane). The cops pulled them both over - busted! And Joy and I ran and hid in someone's back yard until it was over. Cowards! :)

Stephanie said...

That sure was an awfully nice car :) I think I would take the minivan though!