Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year we spent Thanksgiving at my mom and Ray's home in Mapleton, Or. My sister and her family were there - and we had a blast! On the drive down, we met up with Amy, Isaac and the girls in Portland at Isaac's favorite place, Chipotles. We were quite the sight with 6 children between us the excited noise of seeing each other again. (Most everyone else in the place was a young hip professional on their lunch break.) We were also able to stop together at the Woodburn outlets and stretch our legs. :) Once at grandma's house we had fun hanging out and spending time together. We also celebrated an early Christmas since it was our only time to be all together.




Watching Christmas movies on Grandma's bed.



The kids did an "art" project placing stickers on a nativity scene. It is so fun to see where three year olds put the people and animals.




Uncle Ike gave the boys an art lesson. He is definitely the most artistic one out of the whole group!


BJ and Uncle Isaac took a few moments to discuss deep theological things.



Usually I go shopping with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law very early the day after Thanksgiving. This year my mom, Amy, and I went at around 7am. We didn't have a big list of things we were after and we missed the great deals, but we had a fun time. This year BJ and I are cutting back on gifts. I thought I was going to miss spending all the money and buying things that are a really good deal, but so far I haven't. It is a little freeing to not be as caught up in the materialism and to buy gifts for the boys that we have really carefully considered. Anyway, while we shopped, the boys went into Florence to the beach and a park. (See the Freeman's blog for more pics!)





This was my family's first time to play Apples to Apples. The boys' answers were hilarious. I had so much fun. Plus, I dominated the game which bothered my very competitive brother-in-law. :)





This is a pic of the bags and crayon rolls I made for Esther and Grace. Amy and I had a crayon roll when we were little girls so when I saw the pattern I had to make them one. Lots of flaws, but made with lots of love.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great pictures! We are getting the Apples to Apples game this Christmas too, it sounds like fun.

I also really like the crayon rolls. What a great idea. Is there like a little slot for each crayon??
So cool!

Amy said...

That is so true about Chipotle, not to mention my bright pink pants!! How loud can one family get, I say.

Christi said...

I totally forgot about it until now that had one of those crayon rolls when I was little too! What a fun gift!

Anonymous said...

I love the bags and crayon rolls! Brandon and I have been wanting to keep our kids with us in church (not send them to kids church) and I have been thinking I need to make them some "quiet bags" to have while they sit with us. This is EXACTLY what I was thinking of. You will have to give me tips...

Anonymous said...

Hi! It is me again :) Can you email me your address?