Friday, November 21, 2008

Caramel Apples

This afternoon we finally made our caramel apples. We usually make them before Halloween, but it didn't happen this year. It's amazing to me how pictures can make an activity look so fun and perfect even though in actuality it was a little stressful! I guess that is just another reminder that the messes and unorderliness is okay........ we are tying strings and making memories. :)

So, with Christmas music blaring (the boys and daddy like it loud) we made three caramel apples and one caramel pear. :)

P.S. The scrapbook party tonight was cancelled because of sickness. I felt bad for my friend because she had already cleaned her house and made the brownies, but also relieved. I was starting to miss being home with my family in the evenings. Absence makes the heart grow fonder - and rested!



3 comments:

Amy said...

hey- looks like a lot of fun!! I wish that we were there to join in!! I remember blaring the music right along with BJ back when I was living there. I didn't understand then why you didn't like it so loud...a toddler and a waddler later, now I know! See ya soon! also, let me know if you want me to bring you apples- they're on sale until wed.

The Grimes Family Adventures said...

What fun!! You are the best mom!!!! I miss you- I am glad you do such a great job posting. I need to take lessons from you:) Cant wait to see what you post for Thanksgiving!! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Hey BJ & Elaine!
I love keeping up with Erika and Christi through their blogs and saw a link to yours on Erika's. Your boys are so adorable! I think the blog is an excellent way to let everyone know how you're doing. I'm not sure if anyone would appreciate it as much if I started one about my cats and parrot, but maybe someday...if/when we have children. :)
It was great seeing you guys at the wedding. Thanks for coming down to be part of our day and I hope you had a good time.
Love,
Amy