Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jared's lights

We have always been really bad about putting up Christmas lights. We want to do it, but it never gets done. Anyway, last summer, during our church rummage sale, Jared bought a box containing a strand of old-school Christmas lights. On a side note, let me say that church rummage sales can be cool.....except with kids. A few months ago, we happened to be in Gresham during Lynchwood's last day of their rummage sale. Papa John told Jared, Jesse, and Justin he would buy them each a paper grocery bag full of whatever they wanted. (It was a couple bucks per bag at this point.) My boys went mad. They were grabbing all kinds of stuff. It was really hard for me to think about all this junk entering my home and needing a place to go. Sally just laughed at me. All this to say, Jared's lights made it up this year on our garage. A few of the bulbs blink and I believe three of them are an orangy-red, but they are up and he was so happy!

1 comments:

Christi said...

I love that you let him that experience! I'm the same way though about all the stuff - I would have cringed seeing those brown bags.