Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Evergreen Aviation

I thought I was caught up, but I guess I am not. :) These pictures are from our visit with my mom, Ray, and the Freemans April 19-20th.  I had a great time looking back at these pictures. 
We really could use a larger dining area.  We are starting to feel cramped with just our 9, let alone when we have company.


We have spent many years too far away to be together for birthdays, so I was glad this was also my mom's birthday weekend.  Here is my first attempt at the rose cake. :)

My mom is the one who made this event happen. She really wanted to take our families to the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville.   I had always wanted to take my boys too, but hadn't made it there yet.  Friday morning we were off!






We all had so much fun. Traveling anywhere with this many kiddos is always quite an adventure.  We spent the morning in the Spruce Goose building, left for lunch at Izzy's, and then enjoyed the playground and space building.  BJ was a little exhausted. :)



This year in school the boys and I studied Apologia's Astronomy for science. Jared and Jesse were really excited to see a replica of a rover used to explore Mars. I am finding these things pretty fascinating as well. I feel like I am learning a lot of things for the first time.  Kind of makes me wonder what I was doing during my school years. :)










Lots of fun....and too much information for one trip. We can't wait to go back.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I almost feel like I was there with you all...

Your rose cake is beautiful! I've had my eye on that one as well, but I think I'll stick to cupcakes!

I like the picture of you and BJ...the windblown look is good on you. :)

Miss you guys!

5 Boys and a Princess said...

I sure miss you guys!

We went to this museum last summer while Ryan did his clinicals. We plan on coming back down in August so he can see the Spruce Goose too. Maybe we can see you all...