Tuesday, December 6, 2011

November happenings

We started out the month with a birthday celebration at my in-laws.  My goodness, we celebrate 6 October/November birthdays on my husband's side. Lots of fun!
(Notice their sweet hand holding.)
 That would be Reaghan's leg....not BJ's. :)
John's passion for family pictures has caused a little resistance from some. :)
 The twins staying warm at the zoo.
 We had a wonderful unexpected visit from Uncle Dallas and Aunt Linda.  We really miss them. 
 Looking good for church.  Our dear friend, Jenni Duncan, made the twins these sweaters. She is amazing!
 Johnny will probably not be excited about this picture someday, but I couldn't resist. This is another use for a baby bath.
 We were blessed with a big box of apples from a dear lady at church.  BJ was super proud of the triple batch of applesauce that he made.  He couldn't believe how fast all his hard work was gobbled up. :)  I  made some apple pie filling to freeze and an apple pie.  For whatever reason, I always dread making the pie crust and then realize it isn't that bad to make. I think it is the mess that I am not fond of.  I am not going to dread it any longer!


 Here is my organizational tip that I am loving.  Unfortunately, I tend to forget about important things if they are put away.  I need them out in front of me.  At our Centralia home I had a spot for this pile on the end of our long kitchen counter tops, but here my counter top space is limited so our table became the dumping ground.  I bought this tray at IKEA to remedy this problem. It used to be a real chore to clear the table before each meal....now it is a breeze.  I just wish the pile inside my tray could take care of itself.  :)


1 comments:

5 Boys and a Princess said...

Cute sweaters :) I never got to see them in the finished stage.

I wish my paper pile would fit in an Ikea tray- right now its on the desk, the printer stands, an extra table in the office and the school table. As soon as Taproot is over I'm getting rid of paper!