Thursday, December 22, 2011

Our Thanksgiving Christmas

Thanksgiving is celebrated with my side of the family and this year it was held in Woodburn. With all the new babies, we thought this location would be more convenient. :)  Lots of fun and energy when we get the cousins together!  The newest ones especially loved Uncle Isaac's story telling.
We ordered pizza Wednesday evening, saving our cooking energy for the big day. :)
Thank goodness for mom and Ray.  I knew that someday I would have to be a grownup and cook a holiday meal, but with all the work they did, I got out of it again. :)
Paisley Mae is the cutest little bean snapper.

The gym provided hours of entertainment for the children.

BJ read the true story of Squanto to the boys...and girls. It is hard not to see the hand of God protecting and providing for the pilgrims.





Jared and Jesse did a great job decorating the table.


Aunt Amy was in charge of a craft for the cousins to make.  I think she learned of some distinct differences between boys and girls while working with them. :)
Another highlight was playing Bingo. This day was definitely a learning experience.  We packed a lot into our day and didn't get any nap times in.....a few meltdowns were inevitable.  For the most part, Uncle Isaac really hung in there. :)

By the time we opened Christmas gifts everyone was tuckered out.  It was a full day, but a good day.  Can't wait for next year!

By the way, Amy and I heard that the Woodburn Factory Stores were opening at 9pm and we thought it would be fun to go.  As I was driving to the motel near the outlets to pick her up, I started getting a little worried.  I never dreamed it would be so crazy. I just assumed people from our town would be the only ones there at that time.  Boy was I wrong. You should have seen the backup on the freeway. Somehow we managed to find the very last parking spot in the overflow parking.  We had a great time...so much fun to shop just the two of us with no little ones in tow. :)

1 comments:

Amy said...

oh, wow! I was laughing out loud at this post! We had a great time too. So glad we can get together like we do. We love you guys!