Saturday, August 6, 2011

One Month Old

Our sweet little boys are a month old already. Joshua and Josiah bring a lot of joy to the Kuykendall home. And although it is a lot of work, I couldn't have asked for any less demanding babies. God must have known we would need these two to be a little easier than our one Judson Lee, bless that busy boy's heart. :)
Feeding the boys and getting them to gain weight was a little difficult. I started out exclusively tandem nursing but after 2 1/2 weeks they were still losing weight! So, I started supplementing with formula. I will say, while bottles are a hassle, it did relieve a lot of anxiety about trying to nurse both of them especially when away from home. Tandem nursing is a little tricky. :) Thankfully they are putting on the ounces now.


(I am loving how our twins snuggle.)

I was so blessed by my husband's article for our church's newsletter this month. So sweet, I decided to share it on here. Could this count as my first guest contributor? :)


I am a Rich Man!


Elaine and I were blessed to welcome Joshua Courage and Josiah Christian into this world on July 6th. Even the 6th and 7th time around, the gift of life is truly amazing to me. Bill Gaither said it well in the song Because He Lives, "How sweet to hold a newborn baby..." Children are a heritage from the Lord! All children - regardless of the circumstances greeting their arrival - are precious in the sight of the Lord, and ought to be received as such by HIS people.

That isn't to say that this precious gift comes without responsibility. I have noticed a pattern that the greater the gift- the greater the accompanying duty to carefully manage. If one man received the gift of a tent and another the gift of a house, there is no doubt that the house is the greater gift and further doubtless that home ownership - and all that entails- is the greater responsibility. When was the last time you called the plumber to work on your tent? My wife and I are seeing that principle in DOUBLE right now. Double the blessing, with double the laundry, double the feeding, double the diapers, double the sleep deprivation....


Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox.

Proverbs 14:4


While it is true that life was easier before Joshua and Josiah arrived, we are so thankful to be their parents. Our prayer is that there will be MUCH increase by the lives of these little ones. May the LORD grow Joshua and Josiah into mature and complete men of God and then use them to GREATLY expand the Kingdom of God.


In Christ,

Pastor B.J. <><

4 comments:

Seth & Andrea Cook said...

They are so precious I can hardly stand it!

Amy said...

wow, thanks for the pics! and thanks for sharing BJ's newsletter... so wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Just can't wait to hold those babies! Been praying for you guys and I am thinking of you often :)

Carlson Family said...

They are so adorable! I can't wait to see them! These pictures just make me want to snuggle them! Been praying for you guys!