Monday, May 2, 2011

Our Family Vacation

It is so nice to get away. We were blessed with a trip to Seaside, thanks to some dear friends in our church. The timing of our trip was wonderful, coming out of an extremely busy week for BJ and missing all the spring break weeks for Oregon and Washington. For the first couple of days it was just our family and a bunch of retired people enjoying Seaside. :) The boys literally oohed and aahed at our place....okay, and mommy did a little too. :)


The boys went for a walk. I snapped a few pictures then went back to our room for a little rest. All by myself. It was divine. :)


Our boys love to swim any chance they get. The weather was chilly and windy, but the pools were heated. I was the only chicken in the family.


Judson was only watching this time, but he got his turn in the water later on.



Daddy and J.R. doing tricks in the kiddie pool.


Poor Jud didn't get his own, but with so many brothers giving him licks, he got his fair share. :)










Another one of BJ's things...I think all of our boys had a turn at wearing a hand towel after their bath at this age.


Each boy got to pick one activity that we would do for sure at the beach. Jesse picked Monopoly. Daddy was the lucky parent to play with them while I knitted and watch a movie with the younger boys.




Johnny had just fallen asleep when we pulled into Pizza Hut. BJ snuggled him for a while, but put him down when our pizza came. He was obviously exhausted because it took a while for him to really wake up.






Jared's choice activity.



Judson loved the kiddie pool.



Definitely a memorable trip. Great time tying strings with the boys and relaxing!

3 comments:

Carlson Family said...

Sounds so fun! I can't wait to get back to the beach!

Amy said...

First try, I don't know why my wife couldn't comment. She's loosing her cookies!

blaze said...

That looks like you had so much fun!! I love Seaside! I bet you'll remember your vacation for a long time! :)

To answer your question, Jamie and I leave Colorado for Washington at the end of June! So close, but so much to do! :)