Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wray - Part 3

Wray, Colorado hasn't changed much; for which I am glad. It is wild to see the library and remember getting my own card there one summer, drive by the playground where I saw a snake in the toilet, and buy a soda at the 7-11 where Amy and I used to walk to for a slurpee. Good times.

On the drive out to the farm, Saturday, we stopped to place flowers on my grandparents' and aunt's grave.






The boys, especially J.R. enjoyed seeing my cousin's tractors and combine.

Tons of grasshoppers jumped every step we took on the farm. That took a little getting used to. :)



Duaine and Johnny

Saturday's big event was Vernon days. Here is a bunch of our family outside the old schoolhouse my Aunt graduated from and my mom attended for a few years.Aunt Lorena's graduating class. She said that at last year's reunion they had 100% attendance...all six of them showed up!

The little guys having fun.

The big guys having fun.

Justin was excited to find some more Indians at Alco to add to his collection.

Later in the day we headed back to Vernon for the fireman's dinner. It was delicious.

Duaine also put together a hay ride for the family that evening. It was a beautiful night. I was so thankful to be with family again.


Mom and my Great Aunt Esther.

Sunday afternoon, Amy and I did laundry. That was an adventure! It took us 3 1/2 hours! We were pretty hot and tired. Mom was there for part of it and gave Paisley Mae rides in the laundry cart. After the ride we saw the sign "No children in the carts." Oops!


Her pile.

My pile. I think girl clothes are smaller. :)

Mom and Ray fed us dinner at the RV.

BJ's new pastorate. Just kidding. This is Champion Valley Church where my mom attended as a child until they closed their doors. They then went to the Nazarene church in town. The outhouse seems almost unbelievable. :)


0 comments: