Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Drive Home - part 4

With all the excitement of this trip, by the drive home, we were worn out! BJ especially loved lugging 7+ bags every night into a new motel! Amy and I were glad we stayed two nights in the same place in West Yellowstone. It allowed us a little more rest on our vacation. :)



Here is the crew in front of the biggest western store I have ever seen!

We left Colorado Monday afternoon and headed to Casper, WY. The next morning we had to get to West Yellowstone. Our plan was to hang out in Cody for a couple of hours....and we did in Wal-mart and the Dairy Queen drive thru. :) I guess we never got early enough starts.

Wednesday we spent the day in Yellowstone National Park. We knew our one day would only make a small dent in the park, but our families wanted to check it out. I would definitely love to go back and explore more! The day we visited happened to be the grand opening of the Old Faithful Learning Center. Esther enjoyed learning about these critters. :)

Our very dirty rig after 12 days on the road.

We had a blast on this trip. Keeping five boys entertained in the car that long was a challenge at times, but I was so happy to share my love of Colorado with the boys...and it rubbed off. They are already asking when we can go back. :) Oh, and somewhere along the freeway in Idaho is my toiletry bag, but that is another story.


Thank you mom for making this trip possible. I am so thankful we had the chance to experience it all together. We love you.

0 comments: