Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sugar cookie bars

These are delicious. And so dangerous since the recipe makes a jelly roll pan full. Fortunately, they freeze well. Unfortunately, they taste yummy straight from the freezer. I should probably only make these for times when we have other people over to help eat them. :)


Sugar Cookie Bars
1 c. butter, rm. temp
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
5 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well. Add vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and add to wet mixture, mixing just until combined. Spread on a greased sheet (13 x 18). Bake 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Frosting
1/2 c. butter, rm. temp.
1/2 c. shortening
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
4 c. powdered sugar
5 T milk
Combine butter and shortening until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and salt. Add p. sugar gradually, then add milk until smooth and the right consistency.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Yummy! I'll come over and help you eat them....I miss you! Jessica

Carlson Family said...

Oh man, I love when you post recipes. Although I'm sure I'll regret it later :) I Love sugar cookies so I'm sure this will be perfect!

Seth & Andrea Cook said...

These look really good! I'll be trying them... :)

Mars said...

Oh wow, those look sooooo good. I'll be trying them.
Thanks a lot - ha ha!

Jessica said...

Yay! I found the recipe...Elaine these were wonderful! Thanks for such a fun day yesterday...we love you guys!