Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Collingsworth Concert

This was so much fun!!! Probably 10 years ago my Aunt Lorena gave us a couple vhs tapes of the Collingsworth Family for Christmas.  Being married to BJ, we love that kind of stuff.  :)  My boys have watched them many times over the years....and even joked with one another about marrying little Olivia.  Little did they know that little Olivia didn't stay 5 years old all these years.  :) I have been waiting for them to tour the west coast and was thrilled when my father-in-law told me he had 4 tickets to their concert at the Vancouver Church of God.  It had been a long time since we had hung out just us and BJ's parents.  Even though my father-in-law and I have very different tastes on restaurants :), we had a great time!  The Collingsworths' voices blend so beautifully and they have such a sweet spirit about them.  

My Aunt told me to introduce myself since she and Uncle Gene have known them for years.  It was wonderful to talk with people that know and love my aunt and uncle. Ohio is just too far away.  :( 



We can't wait for them to make their way out here again.....and next time, Lord willing, we are bringing the boys!

0 comments: