Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

I survived!  My twins are 18 months old, a new year is here, and I am still alive!  Praise God for his grace and mercy.  There were times when I felt so overwhelmed this past year.  My days were full with no room for any "extras."  Most mothers of multiples said it would be this way for the first 3 years, but a couple of months ago I realized how much easier and more manageable things had become.  I was even fitting in a few extras and venturing out with all seven in tow.  If I were giving advice to a mother expecting twins I would tell her to plan on being home and doing only the necessary tasks for the first year.  By 18 months she will be surprised at how much easier her load is and what a good workout her walking twins will give her. I would also say that the first year will go by faster than she could have ever imagined, but she will have two wonderful little blessings so worth the work and sacrifice. :)


Happy New Year from the Kuykendalls....wishing you God's love in 2013!

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

0 comments: