Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 3rd Justin David turned 6!

My sweet little Justin is not so little anymore. Within the past couple of months I have really noticed his "growing up." It comes out in the way he talks, colors, builds, works, and now eats. :) Even his little arms are starting to get muscles. Our biggest age gap is between Jesse and Justin....almost 3 years. Being the third in line, he was let off the hook a lot! I still remember assigning him the laundry sorting job and realizing Jared and Jesse had already been doing it for a whole year or more by the same age. Oops. This made for a little harder time in teaching him diligence, but he is on his way to being a hard working young man.

Justin requested french toast, bacon, and scrambled eggs for his birthday dinner.
We are trying to start a new tradition of blessing posters. So far it has been hit and miss, but we aren't giving up. :) Daddy and the brothers blessed Justin with Diligence, Self-control, Faith, and Discretion.
The last two birthdays Justin has wanted to be an Indian, so I thought it was funny that this year he got new cowboy boots and a small ax.




Can you tell they are brothers?

Johnny ended up blowing out the candles. We re lit them. :)


Justin wanted to say a few words about his birthday......

"My birthday was fun. I had a good time. And I enjoyed it. And I had a good time opening all the presents. It is fun being 6."


You bring so much joy to our family. We love you, Justin David.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Absolutely adorable! He really is growing up! I love the cowboy boots and the breakfast for dinner request. Enjoy being 6, Justin!

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so great :) It was so neat to see them all together and spend time with your family! Hopefully next time I see you we will live closer...

Carlson Family said...

Happy Birthday Justin!