Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Zoo Day!

Last week BJ and Jared drove to Sacramento for the COG West Coast Minister's Meeting. I was sad to be left behind, but had a good time with the remaining four boys. On Tuesday I met my sister and her three girls at the Portland Zoo. The forecast predicted rain, but we decided to brave the weather anyway. We were so glad we did...no rain and even a little sunshine here and there!
Our children have a great time together. As soon as we met up Justin and Esther were holding hands. I overheard Esther say "let's sing Here comes the Bride." Justin responded with, "no Esther, that would be embarrassing!" They have been married many times, but only with close family around. :)
Judson Lee was fascinated by the polar bears. He kept pointing and squealing.
Overall we spent 5 1/2 hours at the zoo! I have never been to one for that long! But we must remember that everything takes longer with little ones...taking turns assisting with potty times, changing diapers, lunch, loading and unloading our strollers. BJ and Isaac would have gone crazy! Actually, with them along, we wouldn't have been nearly so slow. Why is that always the case? It must just be us George girls. :)
Jesse really got into taking pictures of all the animals. I have about 15 pics of every one!
I gotta say, my Jessers was a huge help. I don't know what I would have done without him. He helped push the stroller, keep track of the little ones, and told us where to go next with his handy little map. Amy had just commented on how my older boys were reminding her more and more of BJ when Jesse called out, "well, according to the map we need to go this way. Let's go." I thought, my goodness he is just like my hubby! :) I was also proud to watch Jesse give up his spot for his younger brothers and encourage them to do right.
Usually one zoo trip a year is enough for me, but I had such a good time I might try to make two trips this year. :)

2 comments:

Christi said...

I love how the cousins are so close. I really need my sister to start having kids.

That picture of the elephant was really cool!

Amy said...

I had a blast with you! A great day. And how funny was it to Justin say that it would be embarrassing to "get married" haha! You got some good pics.