Thursday, April 8, 2010

Above Rubies

Saturday March 13th, I was able to attend the Above Rubies retreat. I have gone for the past couple of years and always leave encouraged. Nancy Campbell is a Godly woman with a heart for families and especially mommies. This year she encouraged us to get the word of God in our home....and most importantly in our children's hearts. Having our own family worship seemed so weird when BJ first started leading it...now I can't imagine our family without it. There are many evenings when we get a little discouraged because we spend more time correcting the boys to sit still, but I know this will be beneficial. BJ and I listened to a message by the math-u-see guy and he encouraged me so much. He talked about how he did not grow up with any kind of regular family devotions but knew he needed to do this with his own family. It took them 10 years to get it down, to become a regular part of their life. What a blessing to pass on this discipline to the next generation. Anyway, I would encourage you to have a family worship of your own. Sing a few songs, read a few verses, and spend time together praying daily. As the kiddos grow and mature, so will this precious time with your family.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Nancy! It was so good to be able to go to that retreat in October. I am glad you were able to have that time of refreshing. I am excited because Shelsea got me some of her DVD's for my bday. Shepherding your flock...I can't wait! Blessings to you faraway friend :)