Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Appreciate your prayers....

Today my mom went in to have a stem cell transplant. She has multiple myeloma (cancer of the cells). The first two days she will be given intense chemo and then the transplant will take place on Friday. I really don't understand everything, but I know the next few weeks will be rough for her. I would appreciate your prayers for her while she is going through this treatment; her three weeks in the hospital, and then her recovery. Thanks.

5 comments:

Fletcher Family said...

We are praying. May God's peace surround you and your family right now. You are loved.

Mars said...

Wow, I didn't know this, Elaine. I'll definitely be praying for her and for your family.
The "other" Fletcher Family,
Shawn, Mars, and Charlie

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for her and your family, Elaine. I know that has to be tough to have your mom go through something like that. Keep us posted on how she's doing!

Amy

Lindsay said...

I'll be praying, too, Elaine. May God's peace surround her, and you, during this time.

lori said...

How's your mom doing now, Elaine? This would sure be a hard thing to face as a daughter. My thoughts and prayers.