Monday, July 20, 2009

My Entrepreneurs

The boys had been begging Daddy to build them a lemonade stand...so a while back BJ and the boys completed this project. Yesterday they officially opened! (Only they sold bottled waters!)


I find myself saying no to the boys... a lot. Sometimes I have to just take a deep breath, relax, and let them have fun. This was definitely one of those times!

Jesse and Justin started this sale while Jared was at Freeman Center and made their first dollar almost immediately. Jesse said the lady was really nice. He told her she could take four bottles of water for the dollar, but she said that was okay. Jesse also told me he is telling all of his customers "have a nice day" when they leave. :) I reminded him to keep his money under the table...just in case. He said "I know mom, I already brought out my throwing knife just in case we get attacked!"



Justin wanted to do a separate sale...on the back steps. I was one of his customers. :) All in all, at the end of the day, the boys made $9.74! When I told them they could have a few of my water bottles to sell, I never dreamed they would go through so many! :)

The business is already expanding. Tonight at Wal-mart the boys bought a 24 pack of Mug root beer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that you actually built a stand! Our girls have been begging to do a lemondade stand (first it was a smoothie stand and the thought of an extension cord and a blender and I was thinking NO). Your boys look so proud too :)

Lindsay said...

That is so awesome. Your boys are so cute, and they probably will make a lot of money! The knife thing cracks me up!

Christi said...

Saying YES is so worth it sometimes! Man, that knife is the most hilarious thing...I can't wait to show this to Jeff.

Jessica said...

How fun! I love Root Beer! I'll have to give you a call to find out when the stand will be up and running again...we'll pay you a visit.