Sunday, May 10, 2009

Garden time!

This weekend we were able to get our garden in! Yeah! We were lucky enough to have an extra helper (who was very kind to help) since my cousin Justin came to visit us again. My boys sure adore their cousin. Jesse and little Justin acted so silly to entertain and "show-off" for him. It was a side of them that I haven't seen too often! Anyway, yesterday we tilled the area and pulled out the weeds.
Today we planted. I should say BJ planted. I really have not done anything yet except take pictures and stand around talking to them all! This is usually how it goes, but don't worry soon enough I will do my share of work weeding between the rows! This year I think we are going to assign a row to each boy to maintain. Yeah for mommy! I always love when this time of year comes around. My farmer-at-heart husband maps out (sometimes to scale) the garden layout ahead of time. I love seeing my whole family working and playing together. In my opinion, it doesn't get much better than this.

Let the weeding begin!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow Elaine, it looks great! I got most of our done this weekend too, but it is not quite a neat as your rows! :) What all are you growing?

Also, THANK YOU so much for that sweet little book. When I first looked through it I practically had tears in my eyes! I read it to the kids and substituted their names for the kids names in the book. They though that was pretty cool.

That was SO THOUGHTFUL of you!!

Amy said...

Hey- seeing these pics reminds me of the summer I spent in your house (very gracious of you!!) and the time I went to pick the green beans "alone"... a lot has happened since then! Fun times.

Elaine said...

Amy- How could I forget...Mr. Black's advice to you about your wardrobe! :)

Unknown said...

Hi, Y'all, It's been a while since I checked out your blog. Just saw your post of April 27. I'd call if my cell phone had any time on it...

...but you can leave a message (either public comment or private message) at my new blog:

Blog Diyiin Bior just use the email (I checked the "Email follow-up..." box)

Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Elaine!! Garden looks great. Lilli gave me her cold so I can't talk very well. I had planned to call you this afternoon and catch up. We can try for next week!