Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pregnancy update...

....I'm HUGE!


I have now reached the 26 week mark. Both of our little guys are doing well according to the ultrasounds and measurements. The doctor believes they are mono-di twins (shared placenta and chorion, separate amnions). Even though this is my sixth pregnancy, I feel new to this. I have learned so much more this time around than all the other pregnancies combined! And besides being bigger than usual, I am a bit more uncomfortable too. :)

At times I am nervous about caring for two newborns. BJ and I know what to expect with a new little one....2 sleepless months, a healing incision, wacky hormones, etc.....but with two at once we are a little unsure. In my heart I know God will give us the strength and patience. I need to remember to accept life being a little crazy for a while. I will say, I am thankful they will be born during the summer and not during the school year. I am hoping to have this figured out somewhat by mid-September, ready to tackle the boys' school. :) Your prayers are always appreciated.

8 comments:

Rose Family said...

You are SO cute! I keep asking Amy how you are doing but it is great to see a photo. :) Praying for strength, rest, and patience for you!

Christi said...

I wonder how big you will get!! God doesn't give us just a certain amount of energy each day...He gives us what we need when we need it. Praying for you during this step of the journey.

Jessica said...

I think you look great! Praying for you guys! Love you!

Carlson Family said...

You look wonderful! I can't wait for your little guys! You guys will do great! We're praying for you daily!

lori said...

So glad you posted this. I have been meaning to ask you what differences you feel between carrying one and carrying two.

Fletcher Family said...

You look wonderful Elaine!!

Anonymous said...

Elaine you look beautiful! Just glowing. I will be praying for your family with this new adventurous transition! The great thing about us teaching at home is how flexible it is. You may not have it "all figured out" by september, but I know that you and BJ are going to do just fine. God is blessing you with two more babies! We have to know and trust that He will also bless you with more strenth, patience, and grace to handle it as well.
Love to you
Elisha

Holly said...

You look great! Congrates again. What an exciting time!