Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A tramatic evening....

Our poor little Johnny. Last night daddy was wrestling around with Justin on the floor when J.R. came running full force into the room and right into Justin's head. The tooth went flying and J.R. was so sad. They hit so hard I knew it would hurt. Justin's head hurt for only a few minutes, thankfully.


Daddy comforted him in his arms, reading to him and watching a John Deere tractor movie. He finally fell asleep right before we ate dinner. Justin told J.R. that he would feel better as soon as him new tooth grew in. I didn't have the heart to tell him that would probably take four years! Justin was so concerned about J.R. He would ask every few minutes during dinner, "mommy may I be excused to go check on Johnny?" How could I not let him? He would run over to him and feel his forehead then come back to the table. After J.R. woke up and had some Tylenol and applesauce Jesse and Justin wrote him a "praise the Lord Johnny feels better" note....complete with 22 cents!



He was back to normal last night and now just laughs at pictures of himself. Never a dull moment! :)


p.s. Remember Jesse knocked out his tooth at age 2. I hope this isn't an every other boy occurrence!


4 comments:

Seth & Andrea Cook said...

Poor little buddy! Glad he's ok!

Jessica said...

Oh no! Way to be tough, JR!

Carlson Family said...

Oh poor guy! Glad he is feeling a bit better. I knocked my tooth out when I was 2. My other tooth didn't come in till I was like in 1st grade.

Amy said...

Ouch!! I am glad he is feeling better now. Good to see that smile! AND he looks like a little boy now, so much older =)