Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gingersnaps

I grew up on our family's recipe for gingersnaps. I love them. For whatever reason, as an adult, my gingersnaps always bake up flat. I found this recipe here. It is pretty much the same recipe with just a little bit more flour and a pinch of cloves. I was happy with how "fluffy" they turned out! Remember not to overbake these.

Gingersnaps
1 c. sugar
1 egg
3/4 c. butter
1/4 c. molasses
a pinch of cloves
2 1/2 t. ginger
1/2 t. salt
2 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
2 1/2 c. flour

Cream the sugar, egg, and butter until fluffy. Add molasses, beat one more minute. Combine the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture. Roll in 1 inch balls then roll in sugar. Place on greased sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. (look for cracks on top)

Enjoy!

0 comments: