Thursday, November 12, 2009

Highlights.....

...of life as a family of seven.

10. Some confusion between the names Justin and Judson. Thank goodness for nicknames (baby Jud)!

9. After a few trips to doctor appointments, we were ready to trade in our minivan and suburban for a 12 passenger van.


8. While holding his new brother in the hospital, Jesse pointed out two things about baby Jud...his skin smells different than ours, and he has never broken one of the ten commandments. :)

7. Sleepless nights

6. The older three boys really stepping up to help with chores and even arguing over who gets to hold baby Jud next.

5. Hearing J.R. say his little brother's name in his low, booming voice... "Baby Dud."

4. BJ and I crying out to God for strength, energy, and wisdom in raising our family.

3. Hearing the boys exclaim how "adorable" newborn size diapers are...and trying to get the clean diapers on fast enough!

2. Figuring out a new routine in the mornings when mommy isn't up and ready on time.

1. Cuddling this gift of life in my arms.

The past two weeks have been a little bit of an adjustment...and just a little busier than usual. :) We could not have done it without the help of friends who provided meals for us every evening and help with our boys. We are in awe at how God meets our needs and cares for us.

Our boys had written us welcome home signs from the hospital so BJ made this sign to welcome them back from Grandma and Papa's.






Family worship. Jesse is known for picking random pj tops and bottoms...and J.R. loves to wear my longaberger basket liner on his head!


4 comments:

Lindsay said...

These are all great highlights, I especially love #8. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers as you adjust to life with baby Jud. :)

Carlson Family said...

I love all the pictures!!! I think my favorite picture is JR holding baby Judson! I can't wait to meet him in person! You both are excellent parents! God has blessed you with a wonderful Beautiful family!

Mars said...

Aw! Such a sweet post, such a sweet family. You guys are awesome. :)

Rachel @ Lautaret Bohemiet said...

Congratulations on #5, little Jud! I had NO idea you were pregnant again, which I'm not sure how I missed because I've been checking in on your blog for well over a year now. Crazy!

Anyways, thank you for the well wishes, and enjoy your new little guy!