Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jesse's shelf

The countdown for our new little guy is getting close. A couple of weekends ago I kind of started worrying about where we will put all the clothes, blankets, burp rags, etc. for our baby. Life has been so different lately. I honestly thought we would know where we would be moving by now and our home would be in a transition of being boxed up. Well, we are still here....and I like order! Jesse knew of my concerns and announced that he was going to make me a shelf for the baby's things. He ran into a little trouble trying to cut the boards and had daddy come help. I was so impressed and proud of the work he did. BJ said the only part he helped with were the cuts. Jesse measured, marked lines, and nailed it together. Just to help me out and make my life easier. :)
My cute woodworker!

After I painted it, we moved the shelf upstairs and stocked it with a few blankets, bibs, and hats waiting for baby's arrival.
Watching Jesse nail away gave me perspective on life. These boys do take a lot of work, energy, and storage space, but what a blessing. The thought dawned on me that even if my child was born and everything wasn't perfectly in order...it will still be okay! :)

2 comments:

Carlson Family said...

Oh my goodness, you have the sweetest little boys! That is an awesome shelf! I love the tongue action on the first picture! He was working so hard! You are very blessed!

Christi said...

I am amazed by the things your boys come up with. Isn't ironic that the ones who cause us so much stress are sometimes the only ones who know how to take it away?

5th Boy, you are going to be very well taken care of.