Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Thanksgiving

As is our tradition on my side of the family, we hosted Thanksgiving.  We were thrilled to finally have a place of our own....especially one big enough to host the event.  So, although it was worth it, I've gotta say, this was a huge undertaking. :)  I have an even greater appreciation for the many yummy holiday meals I have enjoyed throughout the years where all I was responsible for was a side dish or dessert.  :)  Amy and I have had quite the year with our mom passing away, getting settled in new houses, and Amy having a baby.  :)  With life a little more in order and my sister's help, next year will be a piece of cake!  Anyway, the day wasn't nearly long enough, but we enjoyed the time we did have together.
I was just a little proud of the meal.  :)
I bribed the kiddos with a piece of candy for every Thanksgiving worksheet they completed.  It worked a little too well....I finally had to cut them off.  Ha!

BJ read the "Squanto" book to the crew.  Uncle Isaac was his most attentive listener.  :)

We finished the evening with our traditional Bingo game. Poor Uncle Isaac was helping run 3 or 4 boards at the same time.
I really miss my mom but I so appreciate times with my sister and her family.  There is much to be thankful for.

0 comments: