Monday, August 30, 2010

Beach day

It feels like forever ago, but in late July we took a day trip to the beach. (I am so behind on my posts.) It was a beautifully cold, overcast day in Oregon. So shocking I know! :) Despite the weather, we had a great time. We started at the Astoria Column.

Next, we explored Fort Stevens. There was a lot more to see than I had expected. The place fascinated BJ.
A trip to Seaside isn't complete without a 75 cent cone at the Candyman....yummy!
Jud had his first experience in the sand. It is always fun to watch a little one run his hands through it and then get it in his mouth. :)
It was so cold that BJ and I thought there was no way the boys would get in the water. We were wrong. They had to wear their dry swimming trunks home. :)

Our day ended with pizza at one of our favorite places, Fultano's. The boys always seem to get a quarter out of us at that place for the toy machines. Jared was a little disappointed with his selection since he put the quarter in and received a spray of confetti. Being the saver that he is, he tried to keep a few small streamers until I convinced him otherwise. :)

3 comments:

Carlson Family said...

We LOVE Fort Stevens. It is so interesting to learn that history!

Seth & Andrea Cook said...

Great pictures! We love Seaside too. One of our favorites!

Christi said...

You always make me want to go to these kinda places. I think if it's a good experience for you, then we'll probably like it too.