Friday, January 15, 2010

Penelope and Oliver

A few weeks back we got our rabbits! The boys (and mommy) were so excited. :) They are six month old siblings. Before Jud was born we had planned on getting two bunnies, but life was a little too crazy. The boys kept on us about it, so BJ checked craigslist and found these two, complete with a hutch. The family was super nice, giving us all their rabbit supplies and then only accepting twenty dollars for everything. What a blessing!


Our hope was to get into 4-H and the first meeting is in a couple of weeks. Wish me luck. I have these great dreams of being a hobby farmer's wife, and then reality hits. It is a little dirty, the animals kinda scare me, I always have so many inside chores to get done, and so on. I told BJ I am going to conquer any fears I have with these new pets...for goodness sake they are rabbits!



They sure are cute!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh how fun Elaine, they are super cute bunnies! We debated about getting bunnies or chickens....and I'm still a little scared of our chickens, although I try to be brave! So I know what you mean :)

Anonymous said...

How fun! We are getting Chloe into 4H too and I don't know much about it so I am learning. You will have to let me know how it goes!